Preparing for School
It’s important to understand that your child will be apprehensive for the first few weeks as they adjust to their new environment. Please know that your child’s eating and sleeping habits may temporarily change. Here are a few tips to help ease your child’s transition:
- Take your child to visit the school before their first day.
- Talk often about the school in a positive way and remember not to let your child see any apprehension you may have.
- Have your child help label all clothing, bedding and supplies for their first day.
- Remember to dress your child in comfortable clothing that will not interfere with your child’s daily activities. (Closed-toe shoes are required)
- On your child’s first day, remember to stay positive.
- Have your child bring a special object that will help ease their transition.
- Emphasize the positive aspects of your child’s first day.
- Have snacks and napping equipment available after school.